Baccarat: The New Face of Macau Casino
Macau surpassed the city of Las Vegas in terms of revenue generated from gambling in 2007. However, most Americans have not experienced the excellent gambling environment provided in Macau. The game of Baccarat has contributed to the rise of Macau casinos more than slots. In fact, you are more likely to find more table games than video slots when playing in Macau. On this page, we focus on the gambling scene in Macau with an emphasis on Baccarat.
The rise of gambling in Macau
Gambling in Macau has been around since 1849, when the Portuguese government first legalized it. At first, the authorities had a monopoly over the industry. But in 2002, privately owned casinos were allowed to operate after obtaining all the necessary licenses. Fast forward to today, Macau is home to the four largest casinos in the world.
The most played games in Macau casinos
Gamblers in Macau have very unique tastes; They prefer table games to slot machines. Because of this, most casinos in Macau have more table games than slot games. Such numbers are different from regular casinos. Usually, there are five times more options for betting on slots compared to table games.
A sizable percentage of table games in Macau Casinos is Baccarat. As a result, thousands of gamblers go to these casinos to place real money bets on Baccarat.
Reasons why Baccarat is so popular
Baccarat has a large following not only in Macau but also in other casinos around the world for the following reasons:
- Simple to play: When playing Baccarat, you don’t have to make many decisions. The dealer does all the work. All you have to do is place your bets.
- Low House Edge: The house edge in Baccarat is lower compared to most casino games. That means players keep a more significant percentage of their winnings.
- Banker and Player Bets: Baccarat allows players to bet on player bets as well as bet at home. Even with a 5% commission on the banker’s bet, the house edge does not exceed 2%.
- Baccarat Promo: Some casinos have periodic promotions at Baccarat and other table games. With this, players get a boost on their money and enjoy a reduced commission for a limited time.
- Game of Chance: Winning at Baccarat is purely based on luck. Thus, a new player’s chances of winning at Baccarat are equal to an experienced player’s chances of winning in the same game.
- Chips have different values: Players can bet with low-value chips or high-value chips depending on the amount of risk on a particular bet
How much does Baccarat contribute to Gambling in Macau?
Casinos in Macau have customized their gaming collections to suit customers who frequent their premises. Thus, 88% of the revenue from the casino comes from Baccarat. The numbers are very different compared to Vegas casinos. Baccarat accounts for only 60% of revenue from table games, while slot games make up the casino more than 80% of total revenue.
Tips for Playing Baccarat like a Pro
If you should what? Starting to play Baccarat, here are some helpful tips to help you extend your money:
- Play banker bets or player bets. Tie play increases home advantage
- Lower the average amount you bet when you have a losing streak. This will help you minimize the amount of your losses.
- Set a budget to bet on Baccarat in each session and don’t exceed the limit.
- Don’t believe in trends. Every round of Baccarat is a game of chance.
Baccarat has many opportunities for players. Although Macau is considered the headquarters of the game, you can find it in other casinos around the world. Play the game and remember to follow all the rules in the casino. Feel free to claim the baccarat bonus. They will help you extend the time you spend playing the game.
CHECK OUT: 6 Sports Betting Tips that Everyone Need